Friday, April 15, 2022

Good Friday 2022

 

For contemplation on this holy day . . . 


Crucifixion (Corpus Hypercubus)           Salvador Dali, 1954







Stay with me, remain here with me, watch and pray!
Stay here and keep watch with me. Watch and pray, watch and pray!
Watch and pray not to give way to temptation.
The spirit is eager, but the flesh is weak.
My heart is nearly broken with sorrow. Remain here with me, stay awake and pray.
Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass me by.
Father, if this cannot pass me by without my drinking it, your will be done



Christ of Saint John of the Cross      Salvador Dali, 1951 



For more information on the Christian dimension of Dali's surrealistic interpretation of the Crucifixion in Corpus Hypercubus go here and here, for Christ of Saint John of the Cross go here and here.


No comments:

ShareThis