Thursday, April 23, 2009

Driving The Future

Growing up in the '50s and '60, I remember how every guy looked forward to Fall and the introduction of Detroit's new line-up of automobiles for the coming year. My family had the honor of buying two of General Motor's finest products, a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Hardtop and a 1968 Camaro Sport Coupe. These days, Detroit's new models aren't on my mind, but I really wish those two cars were still in my garage.

That doesn't mean I'm stuck in the past. There is a new car that is about to go into production for sale in California. It's called the Aptera. I've been watching its development for about two years. The vehicle is unlike anything coming out of Detroit or anywhere else. Instapundit provides us with a link to a test drive by Wired Magazine. There's much more information at the Aptera Motors website. How would you like to pick up your date in an Aptera?

No comments:

ShareThis